Cyber Security Education Workshop
ITTIP is pleased to offer a Cyber Security Education Workshop for middle and high school teachers in the Southside Virginia Regional Technology Consortium (SVRTC) school divisions. The opportunity will be online and offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays, June 8 – 24, 2021 from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm. We are pleased to partner with Radford University on this project and faculty members from the School of Computing and Information Sciences will be presenting the sessions. There is no cost to attend the workshop and upon completion of all sessions and corresponding assignments, teachers will receive a $400 stipend.
This workshop is for educators from middle or high school who wish to accomplish one of the following:
- Introduce security into existing classes;
- Get an introduction and become conversant with fundamental IT and security concepts and terms;
- Get a perspective on the diversity of careers in cyber security;
- Start a security program formally or informally but are not sure how to begin;
- Determine lab resources available for students and learn how to use those labs; and
- Inspire and mentor students who want to participate in cyber security contests such as the Air Force Association’s CyberPatriot.
Please see this flyer for more information and the registration information. We hope you can join us!